General Program Requirements Addendum
Undergraduate Degree Requirements for Bachelor of Science in Nursing
All candidates pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree at the University of Houston–Clear Lake (UHCL) must meet certain minimum requirements. Students should refer to the department or college section of this catalog for complete requirements and total number of hours prescribed for the specific degree.
The following are the minimum requirements for a BSN degree:
- Student must complete an Asociate in Nursing degree or a diploma in nursing. Some of the credits earned as part of the ADN will be applied toward the 120 semester credit hour requirement for the BSN degree.
- Students must complete the University Core Curriculum requirements (refer to Core Curriculum Requirements section of this catalog).
- Students must fulfill the statutory requirements of the Texas State Education Code,
including the following:
- Six hours of U.S. History (three hours may be Texas History).
- Six hours of Constitutions of the United States and Texas.
- A minimum of 30 upper-level hours in nursing must be taken in residence.
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.000 on course work completed at UHCL with grades of "C" or better on at least 30 hours of resident upper-level work. Grades of "C-" or below cannot be applied toward the 30 hours of resident upper-level work.