Mar 02, 2024
The University of Houston-Clear Lake College of Science and Engineering and the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston have signed an agreement for a collaborative Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences-Master of Science in Clinical Laboratory Sciences degree program. Students enrolled in this program will be required to first attend UHCL for approximately three (3) years, completing a minimum of 92 semester credit hours of undergraduate coursework, including the UTMB-CLS program prerequisite course requirements. Following successful completion of the required curriculum at UHCL, the student will be admitted to the UTMB-CLS Program, contingent upon the following:
- A grade of B or better in all required prerequisite courses.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above for all courses taken in the three-year curriculum at UHCL.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above for all required science courses.
- A positive recommendation by the UTMB Program’s Admissions Committee.
- A positive record of ethical behavior during enrollment at UHCL.
- Three positive letters of recommendation: one from the Chair of Biological Sciences at UHCL, one from a full-time biology faculty member at UHCL, and one from a full-time chemistry faculty member at UHCL. Both UHCL faculty members must have taught the student in his/her sophomore year or later.
Upon successful completion of the first year of the UTMB-CLS program coursework, the student will be awarded a B.S. degree in Biological Sciences from UHCL. Upon successful completion of the CLS degree requirements at UTMB the student will be awarded the M.S. degree in Clinical Laboratory Sciences from UTMB. In total, this is approximately a five-year degree program.
For more information on this collaborative degree program please contact the Biology Program Chair.
To be completed at UTMB (28 hours)
- CLLS 3200
- CLLS 3405
- CLLS 4325
- CLLS 3544
- CLLS 3417
- CLLS 4417
- CLLS 5319
- MSHP 5302